Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Hives! and other happenings

Poor Joel has had a rough couple of weeks. First, he got his first ear infection ever, and was on antibiotics for 10 days. Then yesterday, I (Annie) got a call at work from the sitter saying he had a rash was spreading rapidly. So of course, I rushed him to the doctor, who said (thankfully) that it wasn't a reaction to the medicine, but another manifestation of the virus that led to his ear infection. Sadly, we found out the first round of antibiotics didn't kick the infection, so he's got another 10 days of those coming, with antihistamines for the hives. He had a rough night, and keeps saying "I'm itchy!" Not a great week for him so far.


I am adding a few fun things to this post too, so it's not all hives and ear aches...

Gideon is SUPER in to space these days, and has read just about every book in the kids section of the library about a hundred times. He knows more about the solar system than I think I ever knew. He often corrects me about things- like today when I said something about a moon of Venus, he said "Mommy, Mercury and Venus don't have moons, because they are too close to the sun." Go figure.

Here's a cute pic Gideon did on the Magna Doodle the other day. I'm pretty sure the boy is flying a kite and thinking about a treasure map.

He's also into photography. Here's his latest self-portrait!

The videos below are one of the boys in the tub (to show off Joel's lovely hivey skin, and Gideon's new swimming skill) and one of Joel reading his Things That Go book to Kevin. Joel is obsessed with trucks and any kind of vehicle. I think it's hilarious that he can pick out things like a camper van and jet ski.

No comments: